Add power servers to vHMC
To add power servers to a new HMC use:
- Login into HMC web interface as hscroot user
- Go to all Systems
- Choose option for "Add Managed Systems"
- Add the IP address of HMC (not VIOS) of the power server to be added
- Enter hmc admin password for authentication. (Default password is admin).
- On confirm Add systems popup click "Add"
- There might be prompt to set ASM General password. We can leave default (admin/admin) or set new password as per requirement
- Add other power servers in same way
- Optionally download HMC scanner tool from https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/hmc-scanner-power-server-config-and-performance-stats and use it scan the server. Note that this requires incoming SSH on port 22 of HMC to be enabled.
- Once power servers are added to HMC we can use several commands such as vtmenu to operate VIOS / LPARS / power servers using HMC. See example commands at http://rameshperam-aix.blogspot.com/2013/03/command-line-hmc-commands.html