CentOS 7.x Cloudstack 4.11 Create template and download it for future use
In cloudstack new instances can be created based on templates or we can setup fresh OS using ISO. To create templates which can be used for creating new instances use following steps:
- Create desired template instance or VM
- Stop the VM.
- Go to Storage -> Root volume of the VM
- Click on create template option
- Give appropriate name, description, OS type, etc. Select public (Accessible to others), featured (Shows on featured tab), etc.
- Optionally After template is created, download it from templates page and save it for future use. Typical template on top of KVM is in qcow2 format.