From Notes Wiki
Configuring LDAP based authentication for openVPN
TO configure LDAP based authentication for openvpn use these steps:
- Install openvpn-auth-ldap plugin using 'yum -y install openvpn-auth-ldap'
- Use 'chown -R openvpn:openvpn /etc/openvpn/auth'
- Edit '/etc/openvpn/auth/ldap.conf' file and add appropriate values. Avoid use of TLS using testing by setting 'TLSEnable no'. Also modify default search filter to 'SearchFilter "(uid=%u)"' assuming accountStatus field is not present in the schema.
- Edit 'server.conf' and add following line:
- plugin /usr/lib64/openvpn/plugin/lib/openvpn-auth-ldap.so /etc/openvpn/auth/ldap.conf
- Use 'service openvpn restart'
- Test the configuration by connecting to VPN. Note that the client configuration should have:
- auth-retry interact
- If connection is successful optionally try using TLS for openVPN and LDAP server communication