Uploading a new OS ISO to VIOS Library
To upload a new OS ISO to VIOS Library (and optionally create a new library as required):
- Download relevant ISO using Internet
- Use "WinSCP" with scp (*and not sftp*0 to login into VIOS as padmin or root
- Copy the ISO to /home/padmin (padmin) or /tmp (root).
- If copied to /home/padmim, login into putty as padmin. Use "r o". Move uploaded ISO to /tmp.
- Login into vHMC
- Go to Power Server
- Go to "Virtual Storage"
- Select Virtual I/O Server Name. Go to Actions -> "Manage Virtual Storage"
- Go to "Optical Devices Tab".
- If there is no Virtual Optical Media Library then click on "Create Library"
- We can create as per requirement. Eg 25-50 GB from rootvg
- This creates a /var/vio/VMLibrary mount point in VIOS for ISO files
- Click on Action drop down against existing library and select "Add Media"
- Choose "Add existing file from VIOS filesystem" and give appropriate Media name (Eg Suse12SP4) and path of file from /tmp where we uploaded media (eg /tmp/SLE-12-SP4-Server-DVD-ppc64le-GM-DVD1.iso).
- Click ok.
- Add more ISO, if required.
- Remember to delete ISO from /tmp (eg /tmp/SLE-12-SP4-Server-DVD-ppc64le-GM-DVD1.iso) as anyway a copy is now present in /var/vio/VMLibrary
- Click Close