Add ESXi host to AD using authentication services
To add VMWare ESXi host to AD using authentication services use:
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under System, select Authentication Services.
- Click Join Domain.
- Enter a domain.
- Enter the user name and password of a directory service user who has permissions to join the host to the domain, and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Directory Services Configuration dialog box.
Note that for authentication to succeed, a group named "ESX Admins" (we cannot change the group name) should be created in AD.