Restart services in vCenter
To restart services in vCenter use following steps:
Note that vCenter management console at https://<vcenter-fqdn>:5480/ allows start/stop of individual services. But since there are too many services, that is not great option to restart all services.
- SSH to vCenter appliance as root user
- Type 'shell' to get access to bash
- Use following to restart services
- service-control --stop --all
- service-control --start --all
- Note that there is --restart option but that works only with a single service at a time. Hence to restart all services we must used --stop and --start separately.